Health and safety resources
It takes all of us working together to support a safe learning and working environment. Each of us has an important role to play as we implement these efforts and prioritize our health and well-being.
To stay informed with current health advisories, including information about COVID-19 and monkeypox, visit the VCU Safety and Risk Management Health Advisories page.
Public health supplies
Building managers — can request a variety of public health supplies for their building via the Facilities Self Service. The cost of these supplies that are provided to education and general (E&G) units is covered by the university’s E&G budget; however, the cost of these supplies provided to auxiliary units is billed to the requesting unit. Supplies include:
- Stations with disinfectant wipes. Building managers should monitor the supply of wipes in each station and request refills as needed.
- Disinfectant wipes of varying quantities
- Stations with hand sanitizer that are monitored by a VCU vendor and replenished as needed. If a station needs to be serviced prior, the building manager can complete this form to request refills.
- Disposable face masks
Click the links below for a list of building managers on each campus.
Vending machines with public health supplies (e.g., antigen tests and face coverings) are located throughout campus. Students and employees can use their VCU ID to obtain a limited number of rapid antigen tests and face coverings at no cost. Individuals are allotted two swipes per item per month (i.e., two of each item can be obtained each month).
Monroe Park Campus vending machine locations
- Snead Hall, East Hall, center lobby across from the security desk
- T. Edward Temple Building, auditorium wing across from the atrium entrance, between Rooms 1160 and 1165
- James Branch Cabell Library, 1st floor, center of building, near the printers
- Student Commons, 1st floor, near Suite 104
MCV Campus vending machine locations
- Larrick Student Center, right of Starbucks
- McGlothlin Medical Education Center, 1st floor, across from the elevators (two vending machines)
- Hunton Student Center, 1st floor, right of the information desk
The electronic signage below can be downloaded, printed and posted only in clinical and health system facilities where masks must be worn. The files are for display purposes only, and as such, have not been formatted for on-screen reading.