Home > Physical Plant > Surplus Property

Surplus Property

Request Service

Report a problem, request service anywhere on campus, or give us a call at (804) 828-9444.

Physical Plant Surplus Form


The Surplus Property Department is responsible for evaluating excess university personal property to determine the most cost effective method for disposal. This includes re-use to other university departments, re-use to entities outside of the university, recycling and disposal into the waste stream. Once this determination has been made, the Surplus Property Manager will assist in making arrangements with Materials Management to have the property removed.

To initiate this process, please submit a reimbursable work request for surplus property pickup by calling (804) 828-9444, faxing (804) 828-8516 or on the Web at QuikFM.


The university encourages the re-use of serviceable furniture and equipment. Departments in need of re-use may call the Materials Management Supervisor at (804) 827-1891 to inquire about the availability of items of interest.

Department personnel are encouraged to view the items by making an appointment to travel to the re-use warehouse to inspect what is offered. Unlike other avenues of obtaining used furniture and/or equipment, there is no cost for the items, only transportation costs from the warehouse to your department.