Grounds and landscaping
Physical Plant maintains all university grounds and landscaping. Services include:
- Leaf and litter collection
- Landscape design, installation and maintenance
- Turfgrass management
- Landscape pest management
- Tree installation and maintenance
- Irrigation management
- Concrete, asphalt and paver installation and maintenance
- Snow removal and ice control
- Plan review
Physical Plant also oversees snow removal and ice control, including the preparation and staging for use during the winter season. For more information and snow removal maps for each campus, visit the Inclement Weather and Emergencies web page.
Basic grounds and landscaping issues (e.g., an over directed irrigation system or a pest issue in the landscaping) should be reported via the Facilities Self Service. Emergency grounds or landscaping issues should be reported immediately to the Physical Plant Operations Center at (804) 828-9444.
FMD covers the cost of education and general units' grounds and landscaping; however, these services provided to auxiliary units are billed to the respective auxiliary unit.