Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
The Physical Plant zones and automation offer the following services related to heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) in VCU buildings:
- Maintain and repair HVAC systems to include supply fans, fume hoods and exhaust systems
- Oversee indoor air quality and humidification
- Conduct functional checks of control systems
- Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC systems
- Oversee room pressurization and pressure and air balances
To request a non-emergency service, submit a request via the Facilities Self Service. For emergency services, contact the Physical Plant Customer Service at (804) 828-9444.
FMD covers the cost of education and general units' HVAC services, though any upgrades or modifications to systems will be billed to the requesting department or school. Services provided to auxiliary units are billed to the respective auxiliary unit.