Custodial Operations is responsible for quality assurance of the university’s housekeeping contracts.
The housekeeping contractors clean academic, administrative, research and clinical areas on the Monroe Park Campus and MCV Campus during the times below:
|Monroe Park Campus||Monday-Friday||Day shift: 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Sunday-Thursday||Night shift: 10 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.|
|MCV Campus||Monday-Friday||Day shift: 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Monday-Friday||Night shift: 10 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.|
For your building's cleaning schedule, contact your quality assurance inspector.
Recycling and trash housekeeping services
- Trash bins in common areas (e.g., kitchens, break rooms and copy rooms) are emptied daily.
- Trash should not to be collected in individual offices.
- An office's recycling bins are emptied once per week during the office's scheduled cleaning.
Prepare your office for cleaning service
- Clear the floor of any items for vacuuming. Housekeeping staff will only vacuum cleared areas.
- Clear your desk for dusting. Only clear horizontal surfaces will be dusted. Housekeeping staff will not move items to clean a space.
- Contact your QA Inspector to have your desk wiped.
Outside your regularly scheduled office cleaning
- If your trash or recycling needs to be emptied prior to your office's scheduled cleaning, you can deposit your office trash in a gray "Organic" trash container bin or recycling into a blue slim jim recycling container in a nearby common area (e.g., break room, copy room, hallway, restroom or lobby).
- Request housekeeping services for special events via the Facilities Self Service.
- Request that bio hazardous waste, recycling and document destruction bins be emptied outside your office's scheduled cleaning by submitting a request ia the Facilities Self Service.
Request housekeeping service
For routine housekeeping services (e.g., toilet paper or paper towel refills), please submit a request via the Facilities Self Service request.
Report emergency custodial issues that must be addressed immediately to the Physical Plant Operations Center at (804) 828-9444. Examples of emergency custodial issues include an overflowing toilet or sink or a spill that tenants are not able to clean on their own to prevent slips, trips and falls.
Request for keys
Departments and schools have designated key control managers who can submit a Facilities Self Service request to obtain keys for their building(s).