Custodial Operations is responsible for quality assurance of the University’s Housekeeping Contracts.
The Housekeeping Contractors clean the Monroe Park and MCV Campuses’ academic, administrative, research and clinical areas during the schedules below:
|Monroe Park Campus||Monday-Friday||Day shift: 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Sunday-Thursday||Night shift: 10 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.|
|MCV Campus||Monday-Friday||Day Shift: 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Monday-Friday||Night shift: 10 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.|
Contact your quality assurance inspector for information regarding your building's specific cleaning schedule.
Recycling and Trash Housekeeping Service:
- Office area's recycling bins are emptied once per week, during scheduled office cleaning.
- Trash is not to be collected in offices.
- Common area trash bins (kitchens, break rooms, copy rooms, etc.) are collected daily.
Doing Your Part to Prepare Your Office for Cleaning Service:
- Clear the floor of any items where you would like vacuuming to occur. Housekeeping staff will vacuum floor areas that are clear.
- Clear your desk if you would like it dusted or contact your QA Inspector if you'd like your desk damp wiped.
- Housekeeping staff will dust horizontal services that are clear.
- Housekeeping staff cannot move items in order to clean.
As needed outside of your regularly scheduled office cleaning day/night:
- Take your office trash or recycling to a nearby common area bin (common areas include break rooms, copy rooms, hallways, restrooms, and lobbies). In these areas you should be able to locate a blue slim jim recycling container or a gray "Organic" trash container for your waste disposal.
- Housekeeping services required for special events should be requested through Facilities Self Service.
- Bio Hazardous Waste removal, Recycling Clean-out and Document Destruction bins should also be requested through Facilities Self Service.
For emergencies during regular business hours, after hours and weekends (24/7) please contact the Operation Center at (804)828-9444.
Departments and schools have designated key control managers who can submit a Facilities Self Service request for keys.
How do I request restroom supplies to be refilled (i.e. toilet paper/paper towels)
Submit a Facilities Self Service request. For emergencies and immediate needs, please call Customer Service at (804) 828-9444.