Each VCU school, department or building has a building manager(s) serving as a liaison between their group and VCU Facilities Management and VCU Safety and Risk Management (SRM).
On the Monroe Park Campus, building managers are appointed by deans or department heads. On the MCV Campus, building managers and emergency contacts are designated by the Office of the Vice President for Health Sciences for each department in larger buildings (e.g., Sanger Hall and Molecular Medicine Research Building), and some departments may have more than one building manager.
Building manager responsibilities include:
- Serving as the primary point of contact between their school or department and Facilities Management as well as SRM.
- Reviewing, consolidating and submitting work requests on behalf of building occupants via the Facilities Self Service (FSS), and responding to work request surveys upon completion of the work.
- Communicating with the Facilities Operations Center to request emergency services by calling (804) 828-9444 or obtaining non-emergency services via FSS, as necessary.
- Coordinating the provision of facility services, as necessary.
- Communicating the status of building issues and updates to building occupants.
- Working with campus coordinators to seek solutions to recurring service issues.
- Assisting with other facilities-related tasks to help maintain a safe and healthy work environment for building tenants.
Find and contact your building manager
Monroe Park Campus building managers
Find a building manager on the Monroe Park Campus.
MCV Campus building managers
Identify a building manager on the MCV Campus.
Building Manager Awards
The third-annual Building Manager Awards recognize building managers on the Monroe Park and MCV Campuses who have gone above and beyond their responsibilities to serve building occupants and the VCU community, demonstrate the values of VCU, and address the needs of the building(s) they serve.
Awards nominations open
Learn more about the awards and nominate your building manager. Nominations will be accepted from September 12 through October 4.